Enron’s chairman did meet with the president and the vice president in the Oval Office.
- Enron gave $420,000 to the president’s party over three years.
- It donated $100,000 to the president’s inauguration festivities.
- The Enron chairman stayed at the White House 11 times.
- The corporation had access to the administration at its highest levels and even enlisted the Commerce and State Department to grease deals for it.
- The taxpayer-supported Export-Import Bank subsidized Enron for more than $600 million in just one transaction.
BUT…..the president under whom all this happened wasn’t George W. Bush.
It was Bill Clinton. (Will his sycophants in the media elite report all this or continue to insist that it was George W. Bush who was in bed with them, instead of our past beds-for-dollars President?)